Today in honor of Star Wars Day, I’m sharing photos of my finished Star Wars graphgan blanket. After about 18 months I finally finished the blanket back in December, just in time to give to my Dad for Christmas. The pattern I used is Ahookamigurumi’s Star War blanket.
The squares I made are (from top left to right): Greedo, C3-PO, R2-D2, Chewbacca, Stormtrooper, Millenium Falcon, Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Star Wars panel, Destroyed Death Star, Yoda, AT-AT, Tie Fighter, Ewok, The Emperor, Jabba The Hutt & X-Wing. I also made a Lightsaber square, but didn’t end up using it.
I single crocheted around all of the squares with black yarn. I didn’t however crochet around the finished blanket since I was frantically putting this together on Christmas Eve and didn’t have time.
I stitched the squares together using the mattress stitch.
The yarn colors I used are:
- Red Heart Super Saver in Black
- Red Heart Super Saver in Cherry
- Red Heart With Love in Grey
- Vanna’s Choice in Terracotta
- Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn! in Ivory
- Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn! in Dark Olive
- Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn! in Gold
- Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn! in Yellow
- Caron United in Blue
I also used other skeins of yarn, but they had been in my stash for a while and I’d lost the labels.
Making this blanket was fun, but I don’t think I’ll do another graphgan like this for a while.
Have a good Star Wars Day!